"The attempt to present the decision as professional is very puzzling in light of the fact that teachers from all the sectors and holding the spectrum of political views state that Adar is a very professional person."
--Amnon Rabinovitch, a teacher in a Jerusalem high school, on the firing of the Education Ministry's civics education supervisor, considered to be due to right-wing pressure.
- IAF strikes southern Strip; terrorist killed - Palestinians say Popular Resistance Committees member killed in strike, another member injured. Both planned terror attacks at Israel-Egypt border. (Ynet)
- Greece: Police fear Burgas style attack ahead of Peres visit on Monday - Greek media reporting that police are on high alert ahead of Israeli presidential visit over fears of Burgas style terror attack. (Ynet)
- Israeli commando sues state over Mavi Marmara photo - Commando, who participated in deadly clashes aboard a Gaza-bound Turkish ship in 2010, claims a photo revealing his identity forced him to cancel plans to study abroad out of fear that terror organizations would target him for revenge. (Israel Hayom)
- WATCH: New Romney campaign ad attacks President Obama's Israel policy - Mitt Romney's new election campaign ad promises Americans a different kind of president. (Haaretz)
- Rumsfeld: Israel shouldn't tell the US before striking Iran - Former U.S. defense secretary tells Fox News that international sanctions have had no impact on the Iranian regime. (Israel Hayom)
- Jewish American physicist says he’ll send part of $3 million prize to J Street - Edward Witten, a professor of mathematical physics, names one of nine physicists to receive the Fundamental Physics Prize. (Haaretz)
For the full News From Israel
Yaakov Katz on what the delivery of advanced Russian missiles would mean for Israel.