"What is no less interesting is the fact that most of you didn't even hear about those visits. The Israeli leadership prefers to sell you the reality in black and white - and with this method of selling, Egypt is considered a new and frightening threat, and there is no place for nuance."
--Journalist and commentator Emanuel Rosen writes in Maariv about what came out of Hamas leaders' meetings with Egypt and why the Israeli government does not want you to know about it.**
- Mayor orders demolition of East Jerusalem trailer homes put up by UN body - Foreign Ministry and city officials accuses OCHA of repeatedly violating accepted protocols regarding the operation of international organizations. (Haaretz)
- Elderly woman lights herself on fire, becoming fourth Israeli self-immolator in a month - 70-year-old hospitalized in serious condition with multiple second and third degree burns. (Haaretz)
Think tank: Israel's left is doomed to spend at least a decade in political wilderness - Molad - The Center for Renewal of Democracy deals with the lost goblin of Israeli politics: the left. (Haaretz)
- Official: Washington pressing Palestinians to delay UN bid - PLO Executive Committee member says Palestinian people 'have no option but to resort to popular resistance and turn to international agencies.' (Ynet)
- Jerusalem area fire contained; 4 Palestinians arrested - Over 40 firefighting squads, at least two planes extinguish large fire near Moshav Even Sapir; Jerusalem Police: Four Palestinians arrested in connection with blaze. (Ynet)
- Livni to CNN: Netanyahu sold Israel to ultra-Orthodox - In interview with news network, former Kadima leader talks about tension between Israeli religious, secular Jews; slams PM for granting ultra-Orthodox 'monopoly on Jewishness of Israel.' (Ynet)
- Israel Hayom exposes extreme Israeli Jewish cult in Canada - Canadian-based Jewish religious cult known as "Lev Tahor" ("Pure Heart") run by Rabbi Shlomo Helbrans. Witnesses say members suffer violence, mind-control and underage marriages. (Israel Hayom)
- Official: Bullet hits Palestinian PM's office - Official says not clear whether shots fired by gunmen on foot or in a car; assailants escape. (Haaretz)
For the full News From Israel
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.