"Even Rabin's murderer had a baby while he was in prison, so why should Palestinians be deprived of that right?"
--Samer Samaro, of the Nablus branch of the Palestinian Prisoners' Ministry, after the impregnation of a prisoner's wife through smuggled sperm.
- **Palestinian inmate has son after sneaking sperm to wife - Hamas prisoner serving 32 life sentences fathers third child after smuggling sperm out of Hadarim prison. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Dismissal of ('post-Zionist') civic education supervisor Adar Cohen was frozen - Labor court froze the dismissal by the Education Ministry until a discussion can be held with both sides and until a replacement can be found. (Maariv, p. 10 and NRG Hebrew)
- State mandates schools to teach Zionist values - With school year fast approaching, Education Ministry orders schools to put emphasis on national anthem and symbols. (Ynet)
- Palestinian Authority seeks financial aid in Mecca summit - Palestinian President Abbas to present financial aid program in Saudi Arabia summit; hopes fellow Islamic countries help out. (Ynet)
- Pro-Palestinian activists plan to enter West Bank without crossing Israel - Group, who also organized April's 'fly-in', plans to spend several days in Bethlehem after entering through Jordan. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Ahead of upcoming election, US politicians to visit Israel in droves - Iranian nuclear issue will be high on agenda for visiting congressional candidates. Candidates will meet with government ministers and Knesset members, and some will hold fundraising events. (Israel Hayom)
For the full News From Israel
Yaakov Katz on what the delivery of advanced Russian missiles would mean for Israel.