Stuck in the Middle With You
"Get a grip Fayyad."
--New song calling on Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayyad to quit in light of economic situation in West Bank. Fayyad posted it on his Facebook page.
- New York Times: Israel's U.S. ambassador caught in middle of Obama, Netanyahu - Amid tension between Israel and the U.S. over drawing 'red lines' on Iran, Michael Oren is described as the official in charge of damage control who 'always finds an open door in Washington.' (Haaretz)
- World Bank: Palestinian fiscal crisis is deepening - Crisis widening due to reduced donations, higher-than-expected spending on pensions, and economic slowdown in Hamas-run Gaza, according to World Bank. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Pro-Hamas bloc wins control of UN agency union - Hamas wins 25 of 27 seats in UNRWA union election in Gaza. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Hundreds of Maariv employees protest impending layoffs - Some 200 employees of Israeli daily protest outside grocery store owned by Israeli businessman Nochi Dankner, who plans to sell the paper. (Haaretz+)
- Pro-Israel lobby in South Africa is outplayed by BDS campaign, analyst says - Howard Sackstein, founder of the Jewish Anti-Apartheid movement, says ANC’s latest emphasis on anti-Israel action is the result of trying to win Muslim votes. (Haaretz+)
- Iran urges West to take action on anti-Islam film - Khamenei says Western leaders must prove they are not 'accomplices' in 'big crime'; FM Salehi says Tehran will send protest letter to UN chief. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.