the news from israel
09.21.12 12:45 PM ET
Tell It Like It Is
"Most Israeli gays are right-wing, mediocre and boring, and want a husband and children."
--Local personality and gay icon Gal Uchovsky tells it like it is.
- Right-wing organization smuggled to New York Jewish woman who fell in love with Palestinian - Well-known rabbi, whose daughter (17) lives with a resident of Shuafat refugee camp in Jerusalem, requested help in distancing her abroad. Man behind 'kidnapping' is right-wing activist Moshe Ben-Zikri. (Maariv, p. 8)
- Palestinians seek UN upgrade opposed by Israel, U.S. - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will address the General Assembly on Sept. 27, after which his aides will consult other nations before presenting the watered-down request to become a non-member 'observer state,' which would give Palestinians the same UN rank as the Vatican, enhancing their legal rights, as talks with Israel have come to a halt. (Haaretz)
- Saudi paper: Abbas gives PA 10 days to find replacement for him - Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas says he will resign following the Sept. 27 U.N. General Assembly, according to Saudi report. Abbas reportedly frustrated by stalled peace talks, failed reconciliation efforts with Hamas, and recent protests against cost of living. (Israel Hayom)
- Israeli court rejects petition to block anti-Islam video on Google - Court refuses to immediately block video; judge decides that hearings will continue after Sukkot holiday. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- 'Most Israeli gays are right-wing, mediocre and boring, and want a husband and children' - Local personality and gay icon Gal Uchovsky tells it like it is. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.