The News From Israel
10.04.12 1:30 PM ET
Slashing 'Price Tag'
These operations are so heroic and complex that they are just like Mossad activities."
--Anonymous Israeli rabbi reveals he smuggled 'Four Species' to Jews in Syria and Iran for the Sukkot holiday.
- Civil Administration says settlers purchased Hebron home illegally - Israel's governing body in Judea and Samaria decides that Beit Hamachpelah, a disputed house in Hebron's Jewish section, was purchased illegally from Palestinian owner. Settlers, evacuated from the building earlier this year, will not be allowed to return. (Israel Hayom)
- Special team to crack down on 'price tag' vandals - Attorney General takes action against Jewish vandals; new enforcement team to include members of Shin Bet. (Ynet)
- US Quakers sell shares over Israel policy concerns - Friends Fiduciary sells U.S. Quaker holdings in companies due to concerns about questionable ties to Israel • Quaker group could not identify if products sold to Israel were considered "weapons components" so they chose to divest. (Israel Hayom)
- Security man beat a toddler and called her father a "terrorist" - Firas Barkat, an Arab from Jerusalem, and his daughter Malik (2) walked at the Malcha mall when suddenly a security man who thought they were stealing beat them and ran after them shouting "terrorist." Barkat filed a suit for violence and racism and received 30,000 shekels compensation. (Maariv, p. 8)
- Israeli-Arab Hezbollah agent gathered intel on Peres' security detail - Milad Khatib visited his Hezbollah handler in Denmark and all of his travel expenses were paid for by Hezbollah. (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.