"They are suffering and we are suffering, while the politicians on both sides celebrate."
--Zilpah Youz, whose house was destroyed by a rocket yesterday, says she blames the government, not the Palestinians. (Ynet)
- Sderot mayor launches hunger strike - David Buskila to camp outside Prime Minister's Office in Jerusalem in protest of rocket-riddled city's dire financial situation. 'I hope the government will come to its senses before I reach my limit,' he says. (Ynet)
- "Investigate leaks from Netanyahu's office to the Kuwaiti newspaper" - Following report in Yedioth, MK Eitan Cabel has requested the Attorney General and State Comptroller probe whether Natan Eshel leaked claims against MKs and people in the PM's bureau to 'Al-Jarida' newspaper via Yoni Ben-Menachem, who is now CEO of Israel Broadcasting Authority. (Yedioth, p. 14)
- Migrant denied treatment, gives birth to dead baby - Illegal Darfur migrant suffers stillbirth after her pleas for medical attentions were denied. IPS says woman didn’t complain; judge orders her release, says 'Israel has a moral obligation towards her.' (Ynet)
- Arab media depicts US elections as controlled by Israel, Jews - The cartoons are consistent with anti-Semitic caricatures regularly appearing in Arab and Muslim world. ADL has used the cartoons to highlight the repeated demonization of Jews, Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship. (Israel Hayom)
- Rabbi: Donating sperm to single woman immoral - Despite halachic solution offered to unmarried women, Rabbi Shlomo Aviner recommends that they freeze their eggs rather than accept sperm donation. 'Why create a single-parent family? The child will be miserable,' he argues. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.