"Unless you have a vested interest in it, you're not going to stand up to those who are against it."
--Dennis Ross tells Haaretz that peace is up to the two sides.
- NGOs urge European states to cut trade with Israeli settlements - European imports from the settlements are at least 15 times greater than its imports of Palestinian products, according to a new report signed by 22 NGOs. (Haaretz+)
- Commander: Elections affecting decision making - Ynet learns Paratroopers Brigade commander told reservists, 'Rockets will fall in Tel Aviv during the next war.' Political situation in Israel influencing military activity in Gaza, he says. (Ynet)
- 20 rockets hit south since Sunday night - Rocket fire follows IAF strike in Gaza; targets hit include terrorist activity centers in northern, southern Strip. Rockets explode in open areas; no injuries or damage reported. (Ynet)
- IDF dispersed flyers in Gaza: "Prevent the tragedy" - Following the last round of escalation, the IDF decided to transfer a message to the residents of the Gaza Strip and called on them to pass on any information they have about rocket launchers and their location. (NRG Hebrew)
- Ramallah: Shin Bet exposes Hamas command center - Shin Bet arrests 30 operatives who attempted to restore Hamas activity in Ramallah region. (Ynet)
- Hamas clip shows rockets fired from populated area - Hamas releases video of rockets launched out of populated area, risking damage to global image. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.