"I don't see any problem in the multi-faceted connections."
--Miss Young Israel, Lina Mahoula, is fine with her Israeli-Russian-Arab-Christian identity.
- PA President: As long as I am in power, there will be no third intifada - In an interview to Israel's Channel 2, Mahmoud Abbas says although he is a refugee from Safed, he supports a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders; the rest, he says, is Israel. (Haaretz)
- Court orders indictment of settler, not only of Palestinian, on assault charges - Video footage of confrontation between settlers and Palestinians shows the plaintiff hurling a stone at a woman. Investigators failed to watch copy of film sent to the police. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli security forces, settlers clash after state moves to demolish West Bank outpost - Settlers accuse police of using brute force in clearing of 'Hasruga' outpost near Yitzhar; Haredi IDF soldier defects over demolition; Likud minister: Barak has lost his senses. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Beginning to move the houses of the Givat Ulpana outpost - The agreement with the 30 settler families was that they would evacuate voluntarily in exchange for the transfer of their homes to a new location inside Beit El settlement and off privately owned Palestinian land and the building of another 300 housing units. [The article in the pro-Netanyahu paper did not mention the high cost to taxpayers. -OH] (Maariv, p. 6)
- Israeli rabbi: US got a 'nice hurricane' - Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak implies superstorm Sandy was message from God against Israel's dependence on America, lashes out at 'President Obamba' for 'enslaving Israel.' (Ynet)
- Iron merchant caught transferring money to Hamas - Shin Bet, police trace Gazan iron merchant that used his Israeli visa to transfer millions of dollars and iron to Hamas military wing. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.