The Independent Rundown, November 3
Independent Nation gives you the day’s 5 must reads for independents and centrists:
1. “The Vanishing Battleground,” in The New York Times.
Mitt Romney and Barack Obama have only campaigned in ten states since their parties’ conventions. How much smaller can the battleground get?
2. “Vote the Bums Out: the Eight Worst Members of Congress,” at The Daily Beast.
These days, everybody hates Congress. John Avlon on the eight U.S. Reps who deserve to get the boot on Tuesday.
3. “In Va., Kaine and Allen Seek Elusive Ticket-Splitters,” at Real Clear Politics.
In Virginia, Tim Kaine and George Allen are on the hunt for independents in their hard-fought race for the Senate.
4. “Christie Was Mitt’s First Choice for VP,” at Politico.
Sources tell Politico that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was Mitt Romney’s first choice for his running mate.
5. “The Final Reckoning,” in The New York Times.
President Obama’s political vision has narrowed, writes David Brooks. Would it expand over a second term?