The Independent Rundown, November 14
Independent Nation gives you the day’s 5 essential reads for independents and centrists:
1. “Partisan Journalists Are Following the Money All Too Literally,” at The Daily Beast.
The right-wing media’s disconnect from reality in the 2012 election was fed by its dependence on the growing partisan economy, writes John Avlon.
2. “Predictable in Retrospect,” at the Columbia Journalism Review.
Knew Obama would win all along? Yeah, right.
3. “Opinion: Failure to Attract Millenials Is Sinking the GOP,” at CNN.
Befriend some young people, writes Margaret Hoover. The party will live longer.
4. “The New Grand Old Party,” at Slate.
Words of advice from some leading conservative thinkers.
5. “Bipartisan Group Pitches Overhaul of Political Money System,” at Roll Call.
A bunch of activists say it’s time to stop the political money system’s “revolving door.”