Independent Nation gives you the day’s 5 essential reads for independents and centrists:
1. “The Final Insult: Mitt Romney’s Clueless Gift Gaffe,” at The Daily Beast.
Speaking to donors, the salesman candidate blamed his loss on the president’s pitch with no evident sense of the irony, writes John Avlon.
2. “Not-So-Super PACs: 2012’s Winners and Losers,” at The Daily Beast.
They spent hundreds of millions to get their candidates elected. But what did that money get them?
3. “Super PACs Will be Back in 2016,” at The Daily Beast.
Don’t be fooled by their poor track record this time around – political operatives say don’t even consider running for president next election without the help of a super PAC.
4. “Top Georgia GOP Lawmakers Host Briefing on Secret Obama Mind-Control Plot,” at Mother Jones.
Ready the tin-foil hats.
5. “Has the Emerging Democratic Majority Emerged,” at New York.
America might be moving leftward for a while. Buckle up.
Extra: “If Trends Hold, Texas Will be a Toss-Up State by 2024,” at The Houston Chronicle.
But then who will petition for secession?