11.22.12 7:28 PM ET
Guy Fieri’s Thanksgiving Leftovers Tips
There is nothing better than Thanksgiving leftovers. I almost look forward to the meal after Thanksgiving as much as Turkey Day.
This year, if you’re looking to do something different from your traditional open-faced turkey sandwich, try turning your leftovers into egg rolls. All you have to do is:
- Take the roasted turkey meat, remove the skin and cube it up.
- Mix with some grated carrot and stuffing.
- Toss with a little leftover gravy.
- Roll it up into egg rolls and fry until crispy.
- Take your cranberry sauce and spice it up with some fresh diced jalapeños, a squeeze of honey, and a touch of sambal [a spicy Southeast Asian sauce] to make your own Spicy Sweet Chili Cranberry dipping sauce, to serve with the crispy Roasted Turkey Egg Rolls.
If you just have to have a sandwich, but want to mix it up, try making a Cuban-style pressed sandwich by:
- Layering sliced turkey, some stuffing, mustard, mayo, pickles, and Swiss and Monterey Jack cheese on a soft hoagie roll.
- Toasting in a panini press until crispy.
Finally, I love pasta, so one of my favorite meals to put together with leftovers, that’s a completely different spin, is turning the turkey breast into a pasta dish with my recipe for Tequila Turkey Fettuccine.