No Passes In Wartime
"It has become clear that even a perfect bikini body doesn’t give you a pass in wartime."
--Haaretz blogger Allison Kaplan Sommer writes about the Tweets that got Israeli model Bar Refaeli in trouble.
- The "special envoy to Cairo" was revealed: Mossad Chief Tamir Pardo -Two possible reasons Netanyahu sent Pardo. He trusts him because Pardo served with Netanyahu's brother in the army. Or, because the Egyptians are furious with the usual envoy, Amos Gilad, who they say broke their trust. (Maariv, p. 5)
- Steinitz and Yishai opposed the agreement - Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz and Interior Minister Eli Yishai expressed opposition to the ceasefire in the meeting of the forum of nine ministers. They believed the IDF did not achieve deterrene. (Maariv, p. 5)
- Riots break out in West Bank during Operation Pillar of Defense - Palestinian police losing control in West Bank, senior IDF officer says, as dozens of violent incidents occur there. (Haaretz+)
- Hamas leader condemns killings of accused collaborators - Resistance leaders should use legal procedures to deal with suspected spies through the courts, Mousa Abu Marzouq wrote on his Facebook page. (Maan)
- Journalists 'targeted' in West Bank protests - Palestinian press freedom group Mada said Monday that journalists have been obstructed and assaulted by Israeli forces at demonstrations in the West Bank in support of Gaza during the Israeli bombardment. (Maan)
- Iran says supplied Hamas with missile 'technology' - Revolutionary Guards commander admits Tehran shared knowledge with Gaza terror organization on how to produce long-range missiles, one of which hit apartment building in central Israel on Tuesday. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.