Ahmadinejad Wants To Pray In Jerusalem
240, 78, and 0.
--Number of complaints of abuse by IDF soldiers of Palestinians, number of probes, number of indictments, respectively, according to new report by Israeli human rights organization, Yesh Din.
- Israel arrests dozens of Hamas activists, lawmakers in West Bank - Ramallah-based human rights group says Israeli arrest campaign meant to undermine Palestinian reconciliation efforts between Hamas and President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah Party. (Haaretz+, Ynet and Maan)
- 'Iran could have bomb within six months of decision' - Iran could have its first atomic bomb within four to six months if the regime in Tehran takes the decision to go ahead and make a bomb, former IDF Director of Military Intelligence Amos Yadlin said on Monday. "After President Bashar al-Assad falls, Syria would be preoccupied with reconstruction. It would be hard to imagine Syria turning toward armed conflict with Israel then." (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- Witnesses: Israeli tanks breach south Gaza border, fire at farmers - Seven IDF military vehicles and two bulldozers breached the Sufa area east of Rafah Tuesday, opening fire at Palestinian farmers. No injuries were reported. (Maan)
- Lieberman wants foreign affairs portfolio - Close associates of former FM say he fully expects to resume his position in new government once his trial is over; say Netanyahu 'promised to clear the way.' (Yedioth/Ynet)
- Panetta disappointed by Hagel questioning - U.S. defense secretary says Senate committee hearing didn't focus enough on what former senator thinks about today's issues. NBC: Israel mentioned 178 times during hearing, Afghanistan – just 38. (Ynet)
- Ahmadinejad wants to go to Gaza, pray in Jerusalem 'after liberation' - Due to visit Egypt this week, Iran's president expressed interest in visiting the Gaza Strip; he did not specify whose permission he would seek. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.