Gaza Goes Gangnam Style
"Good morning, Urif!"
--What IDF soldiers yelled through their vehicle's PA system while driving through the Palestinian village of Urif in the middle of the night, a video exposed.
- Video shows IDF unit causing nocturnal disturbance in West Bank village - WATCH: A video, taken by a local resident, shows an Israeli army unit driving through a Palestinian village and causing a disturbance in the middle of the night, apparently without cause; IDF: force commander was reprimanded. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel indicts four Beitar Jerusalem soccer fans for racism - The four (or six, according to Yedioth), who are part of the hardcore extremist group of fans known as 'La Familia,' were indicted yesterday in the wake of the racist protests of the signing of two Muslim players from Chechnya. The police's goal is to break up the group. (Haaretz+ and Yedioth, p. 5)
- Young Palestinians go 'Gaza Style' - Gazans join global trend, using South Korean 'Gangnam Style' hit to tell world about their daily hardships in Hamas-ruled Strip. (Ynet)
- Israeli Arab parties balk at making Lapid opposition leader after 'Zouebis' jibe - In a phone conversation Wednesday with MK Ahmed Tibi, Lapid admitted that his remark that he was not prepared to form a majority with the "Zouebis' – referring to MK Hanin Zuabi (Balad) - was an unfortunate choice of words. Despite the apology, they are not lining up to support him if he ends up not joining the government. (Haaretz+)
- Syria says 'no truth' Israel targeted convoy - In letter to Ban Ki-moon, Syria's U.N. ambassador says alleged Israeli airstrike 'caused destruction and substantial material damage' to Jamraya military research center; claims Security Council's failure to condemn 'Israel's grave aggressions' would undermine regional, international peace. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.