"I was crying all the time, I told them I have no issue with anything and that I have done nothing. I said 'be merciful, I have done nothing' but they didn’t listen to me...They filmed me, laughing and mocking me."
--From the testimony of a mentally disabled Palestinian man who was abused by four Israeli Border Police officers and had their dog sicced on him.
- 4 Border Guards convicted of abusing helpless Palestinian - Border Guard officers documented themselves abusing mentally disabled Palestinian near Givat Ze'ev checkpoint. Btselem tracked down the man and got his testimony. (Ynet+testimony and Haaretz+VIDEO)
- Former Jewish Underground convict receives more than NIS 1.3 million from state - The Israel Tax Authority paid him compensation for damage he suffered while cultivating land illegally in a Palestinian village – and he is suing for more. (Haaretz+)
- Vandals desecrate Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem - 'Price tag' sprayed over graves in cemetery located near site of a planned museum of tolerance. (Ynet and Haaretz+)
- Settler security official: 'Palestinians are not supposed to stand next to Jews' (972mag)
- Human Rights Watch: Israel violated laws of war during offensive on Gaza - U.S.-based group says Israel mounted several airstrikes on non-military targets and used disproportionate force during November's operation against Hamas in the Gaza Strip; attacks claimed the lives of over 40 Palestinian civilians, new report says. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- U.S., Jordan say 'window closing' on Middle East peace process - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh say their countries are committed to trying to achieve a lasting Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement. Jordan FM: Israel-Palestinian conflict has global ramifications. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.