'(Pro-settler party leader Naftali) Bennett was then asked how someone who knew when to exit his (hi-tech) company to the tune of $150 million doesn’t understand the need to exit the settlements in time.'
--Don Futterman writes about the entertaining Israeli satire show, 'State of the Nation' in Haaretz+
- On tape: Settler attacks Palestinian shepherd - Security officer of West Bank outpost documented attacking Palestinian shepherd; officer says he was just pushing shepherd away after latter threatened him. (Ynet)
- Settlers block Nablus road, throw stones at cars - A group of settlers blocked a main road linking Nablus and Jenin on Monday, preventing Palestinian cars from passing, a PA official said. Settlers threw stones at Palestinian cars driving in the area, causing damage to several vehicles. An Israeli army spokeswoman said that a "military exercise simulating rock hurling" was taking place near Shave Shomron settlement, without providing further details. (Maan)
- MK Tibi: Settlers training dogs to attack Palestinians - Tibi told Ma'an that he obtained a videotape which shows settlers training dogs to attack Palestinians who say Allahu Akbar, or, 'God is Great'. (Maan)
- Israel forces 'order 15 families to leave homes' - Israeli forces on Monday ordered 15 families to evacuate their homes in the southern West Bank and said the area was a "closed military zone." The families live in caves and ancient stone dwellings in an area with fruit trees and water wells. Shalalda said all the residents had land ownership deeds. (Maan)
- UN refugee agency petitions High Court to overturn ‘infiltration’ law - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees concerned law will 'wrongly stigmatize and penalize' those seeking protection as refugees; parts of law violate 'international human rights.' (Haaretz+)
- Silwan's Jews subjected to repeated attacks - Trial of five Palestinians exposes regular use of homemade Molotov cocktails, stones against Jews in attempt to oust them from east Jerusalem neighborhood. (Ynet)
- UN: Palestinian rocket, not Israeli strike, killed baby during Gaza war - Previous reports indicated that the baby of a BBC reporter in Gaza was killed in an Israeli airstrike; UN office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights says in new report that incident likely caused by errant Palestinian rocket. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.