Activists Target 'National Proirity' List Inclduing Record Number of Settlements
"Upper Nazareth is a Jewish city and it’s important that it remains so. If that makes me a racist, then I’m a proud offshoot of a glorious dynasty of 'racists'..."
--Upper Nazareth Mayor Shai Gapso answers detractors who say his reelection campaign calling for the mixed city to be 'Jewish forever’ is racist.
- Activists will 'settle' in front of Minister Bennett's house - A group of residents of Kiryat Gat and other southern cities will establish 'the first social-justice settlement' today in front of the Ra'anana home of pro-settler Economy Minister Naftali Bennett in protest of the new National Priorities Map, which they say "includes too many settlements," many of which are in a good socio-economic state and are not in need of aid, like those in the periphery that were not included. (NRG Hebrew)
- Clashes in Jenin as Israeli forces detain Jihad leader - Palestinians threw rocks and empty bottles at Israeli forces, who entered Jenin early Wednesdayto detain an Islamic Jihad leader. Around 12 Israeli army jeeps entered Jenin before dawn and detained Abed al-Halim Ezz al-Din after raiding his home. (Maan)
- Shock in the Knesset: controversial Governance Law to be voted on during the Knesset recess - Chairman of Knesset Legislative Committee David Rotem (Yisrael Beiteinu) announced the second and third readings of the bill that would raise the threshold to 4% - pushing out the Arab parties - would be held during the Knesset recess, despite a promise by the Prime Minister to wait till November to vote. (NRG Hebrew)
- Wounded Syrian girl miraculously walks after surgery in Israel - Fifteen-year-old Syrian girl suffers shrapnel wounds to her left leg and abdomen, undergoes emergency surgery in Ziv Hospital in Safed. Syrian rebels claim to take over airport north of Aleppo on important route to Turkey. (Israel Hayom)
- Economy Minister gets on students' case for studying law - Jewish mothers shudder as Economy and Trade Minister Naftali Bennett says attending law school is "foolish," urges young Israelis to pursue other professions. Student Union Chairman: Bennett should put his money where his mouth is. (Israel Hayom)
- Top IDF officer: Hezbollah marked our artillery guns - Northern Command's chief artillery officer tells Ynet despite heavy losses in Syria, Lebanese terror group closely monitoring IDF activity Elong border 'in preparation for war.' (Ynet)
- "Soldiers' flight" is warming engines: 130 young people from US to immigrate to Israel next week and enlist in IDF - On the plane will be also Ben Yavlon, a son of US pilots, who has dreamed from childhood to serve in the Israeli Air Force. (Yedioth, p. 16)
- Egyptian army says destroyed 102 Gaza tunnels - Spokesperson claims some in Gaza 'taking advantage' of tunnels for drugs, munitions transfers; presents data regarding army's terrorist cleansing operation in Sinai, claims army killed 60, arrested 103. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.