"There is a partner on the Palestinian side. The question is
whether Netanyahu is a partner to reach an agreement with the
--Meretz party Chairwoman Zahava Gal-On Friday at the annual conference of Israel's left-wing.
- Attorney General: Bill against pro-boycott Israel groups is unconstitutional - Ministerial committee to discuss bill penalizing non-profits Sunday. (Haaretz)
- Israeli government halts controversial plan to resettle 30,000 Bedouin - Architect of the proposal told a Knesset committee earlier this week that he had never received community support for the proposal, despite claims to the contrary. (Haaretz)
- Israeli troops shoot Palestinian teenager in Gaza - IDF says man was shot after entering buffer zone; nature of his injuries is still unclear. Maan writes that the injured is a 16-year-old boy. (Haaretz and Maan)
- Report: University of Haifa denies professor honorary doctorate over politics - Rejecting Professer Robert Aumann because of his political beliefs is an "unacceptable phenomenon," says the Institute for Zionist Strategies after Haaretz reports that the University of Haifa denied Aumann over politics. University said, "The process is not over yet." (Israel Hayom)
- CERN atomic research center accepts Israel as its 21st member - Full membership in the world’s leading nuclear research center will bring significant scientific, commercial and political benefits. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Iran pulls out of expert-level talks with world powers over U.S. sanctions - Iranian officials say U.S. move to target people and companies for evading Iran sanctions violates spirit of agreement reached in Geneva. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Jordanian king gives snowed-in citizens a helping hand - In attempt to show solidarity with people, Jordan's king took to streets to help citizens stranded in snow. See his highness roll up his sleeves in snow covered Jordanian capital. (Ynet)
- Is Ghazi Albuliwi the Palestinian Woody Allen? He wants to be - Albuliwi’s new film - about a Palestinian guy who marries an Israeli woman - opened the Jerusalem Cinematheque’s Jewish Film Festival last week. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.