"The moment you release your pain and you're not constantly absorbed in it, you can also understand the pains of others, and that's what I do."
--Arab Israeli actor Elias Mattar on his role portraying a Holocaust survivor. (Ynet)
- Lapid and Bennett agreed: Money for Judea and Samaria in exchange for budget money for Birthright - The solution was made possible after the finance minister pledged to transfer 88 million shekels for settlements, which led to the agreement by Habayit Hayehudi to release funds for the programs that bring students from overseas to visit Israel. (Maariv, p. /NRG Hebrew)
- Israeli forces hold military drill in between Palestinian homes - 5,000 heavily armed Israeli soldiers arrived in the village of Arab al-Rashayida near Bethlehem at dawn Tuesday and held a military drill for several hours in between residential homes. This also caused damage to the village's water grid. (Maan)
- Israel confiscates private Palestinian land near Nablus - Israeli authorities confiscated ten dunams and restricted access to 500 dunams of private agricultural Palestinian land in the village of Qusra south of Nablus on Tuesday. The land is located between the village and an illegal Israeli settlement outpost called Esh Kodesh. (Maan)
- "There has been a hostile takeover of lands around Jerusalem" - This is what the Knesset Subcommittee on issues of Judea and Samaria (W. Bank) determined in a hearing on the subject of Palestinian construction in E1. The subcommittee also demanded to regulate (Palestinian) Bedouin settlement living there. (NRG Hebrew)
- (Jewish) Pro-Bedouin protester released to house arrest after more than two weeks jail - No evidence that Eldad Zion was violent during demonstration, says judge, though he may have assaulted police later. (Haaretz+)
- Missing Gaza man detained by Israeli forces - Omar Ismail Wadi, 22, from Gaza, who was reported missing by his family over a month ago is being held in an Israeli jail. He was detained by Israeli forces after crossing the security fence between Israel and the northern Gaza Strip. (Maan)
- 'Pro-Israel' discussion in New York ends in walkout, insults and recriminations - A night to remember at the 92nd Street Y, as Commentary editor John Podhoretz storms off the stage, leaving puzzled panelists and a stunned audience. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.