"There is no doubt that the right-wing's incitement against Arab MKs has an effect."
--Arab MK Ahmed Tibi after a Jewish man threw hot water on his face.
- (Arab) MK Tibi: "This is the result of the incitement," (Jewish) man threw hot water on MK's face - Arab-Israeli legislator approached by man who poured scorching liquid on him at anti-Prawer protest. Tibi had previously symbolically spilled water on Prawer Bill in Knesset. (Maariv, p. 6 and Yedioth, p. 8/Ynet and Israel Hayom+VIDEO)
- Spoken Arabic studies counter anti-Arab prejudice among Israeli students - Program 'succeeded to a great extent in preventing the negative influence of anti-Arab opinion,' according to a Henrietta Szold Institute report. (Haaretz+)
- EU support for labeling settlement products continuing to grow, envoy says - Outgoing EU Mideast envoy says European states in favor of labeling has grown to 14. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Minister Livnat: Enlightened Left silencing others - Culture minister (Likud) strongly criticizes attempt to call off performance at Ariel (settlement) cultural hall. 'While the world boycotts us but doesn't see it fit to resist Iran or Syria, Israeli actors and artists are campaigning to boycott law-abiding Israeli citizens,' she charges. (Ynet)
- Netanyahu's associates: Livni is responsible for the coalition crisis - People in the Prime Minister's circle claim that Justice Minister Tzipi Livni is advancing problematic laws and accelerating collisions. MKs from Yesh Atid: We have no idea what are our party's positions. (Maariv p. 6/NRG Hebrew)
- Israel officially enters lucrative EU R&D program - Israel has been accepted to the EU's Horizon 2020 program a month after striking a compromise with the EU over settlement directives. (Israel Hayom)
- Protesters demand release of activists detained in Bedouin demonstrations - Six adults, four minors arrested at protest in Hura village three weeks ago over government plan to to resettle 30,000 Bedouin residents. (Haaretz+)
- Hamas PM calls for unified Palestinian government with Palestinian Authority - Ismail Haniyeh, prime minister of the Hamas-run government in the Gaza Strip, invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday to a meeting to discuss the formation of a unity government. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.