Leak Turns Out to be Python

    Karl Beznoska's 12-foot Burmese python Houdini, is shown at Beznoska's home  in Ketchum, Idaho, Wednesday, July 19, 2006.   It took surgery to save the python, Tuesday, July 18, 2006, after it swallowed an entire queen-size electric blanket _ with the electrical cord and control box. The blanket must have gotten tangled up in the snake's rabbit dinner,  Beznoska said. He said he kept the blanket in the 60-pound reptile's cage for warmth.  (AP Photo/Dev Khalsa)

    Dev Khalsa / AP Photo

    That leak from the ceiling? It might not be Hurricane Irene’s fault, although it’s easy to blame everything on the storm. When a tenant in Brooklyn complained of water leaking through the ceiling on Sunday morning, New York City officials showed up at the apartment above, where no one was home, and found that the flooding was because a sink in the bathroom was left running and a 10-foot python was taking a bath in the pool of water. The workers removed the python since it’s illegal to own them as pets in the city.

    Read it at New York Daily News