1. SANDY HOOK

    Social-Media Hoaxes May Be Prosecuted

    NEWTOWN, CT - DECEMBER 15: State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance briefs the media and answers questions about the elementary school shooting during a press conference at Treadwell Memorial Park on December 15, 2012 in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty six people were shot dead, including twenty children, after a gunman identified as Adam Lanza opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Lanza also reportedly had committed suicide at the scene. A 28th person, believed to be Nancy Lanza was found dead in a house in town, was also believed to have been shot by Adam Lanza. (Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)

    Jared Wickerham / Getty Images

    Apparently, Newtown hasn’t been through enough. Law-enforcement officials told reporters on Sunday that deliberately misleading information was being posted to social-media sites. Some people have posed as the shooter online, while others have made threatening remarks. “These issues are crimes,” said Lt. J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut state police. As for the investigation into the rampage, Vance said the police are “talking to everybody slowly,” since “people’s hearts are broken.” Vance said they are analyzing the evidence they’ve collected so far. Twenty children and six adults were killed Friday when Adam Lanza, 20, allegedly opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School before turning the weapon on himself. He also allegedly shot and killed his mother, whose body was found at her Newtown home Friday.

    Read it at CNN