Tunisian authorities have released the sole suspect in custody for the attack on the U.S. consulate, due to lack of evidence. Ali Harzi was released on Monday night, though he must remain in the greater Tunis area. Harzi, a Tunisian, had been arrested in Turkey wand was extradited to Tunisia in October and Tunisian authorities said he was “strongly suspected” of being involved in the attack. His lawyer has long said that there is no evidence linking Harzi to the attack. The investigation in Libya has also stalled because of the weak power of the central government relative to the powerful militias who may have been involved in the attack.
Lack of Evidence AFP/Getty