the news from israel
A Matter of Habit
"To learn to kill is a matter of habit."Words from new song by musician Yizhar Ashdot that Army Radio director Yaron Dekel prohibited from broadcast yesterday.
- Army Radio asks musician not to perform song that 'debases' IDF soldiers - Izhar Ashdot's song 'A Matter of Habit' was broadcast several times on the IDF's Army Radio station despite being critical of the role the army plays in the occupied territories. (Haaretz+ and NRG Hebrew)
- Katsav seeks presidential pardon - Disgraced president files clemency petition less than one year after he begins serving seven-year sentence for rape; fails to express any remorse. (Ynet)
- Kadima primary elections cancelled - Kadima MKs vote in favor of appointing committee to put together Knesset list for upcoming elections in order to prevent power struggles within the party. (Ynet)
- America, guess who's coming to visit - Israeli leaders hold the record for the most official visits to the United States since 1874. Benjamin Netanyahu alone stopped by more than all of China's leaders in the past 138 years. (Haaretz+)
- Israelis continue to flee Jerusalem - Central Bureau of Statistics figures show Israelis abandoning large cities in favor of rural life. Some 3,100 residents moved to settlements compared to 3,500 the year before. (Ynet)
- Wife of famous Israeli Rabbi Pinto attempts suicide amid bribe probe - Dvora Pinto, arrested with her husband on Thursday, was discovered at home by her brother-in-law and taken to Sheba Medical Center. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.