The “Painter of Light” died of an accidental overdose of a mixture of alcohol and Valium, the Santa Clara County coroner’s office announced Tuesday. Thomas Kinkade, who made a fortune painting cottages and landscapes, was found dead in his California home on April 6. The coroner cited “ethanol and Diazepam intoxication, or in common terms, alcohol and the tranquilizer often marketed as Valium,” as the cause of death. Kinkade has reportedly been battling addiction to alcohol for the past five years, and after the artist’s death his brother told reporters that attacks on his work had taken their toll on the man.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED