"At this rate, there will be some 400,000 settlers by the time the next elections come around, and there will be half a million Jews in Judea and Samaria (W. Bank) within four years. Including East Jerusalem that will bring us to over a million Jews, and then the transformation will be complete."-- National Union party Chairman MK Yaakov Katz (Katzeleh) welcomed the latest figures on settlers
- More than 350,000 Israelis live in settlements, up 4.5% in a year - Figures seen by Israel Hayom show 15,579 Israelis moved over the Green Line in the last year. 233,000 Israelis live outside the main settlement blocs. Number of settlers has almost doubled since 2000. (Israel Hayom)
- One day before Romney's visit, Obama to sign act expanding military cooperation with Israel - In signing the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act, Obama is trying to upstage his rival for the presidency, Mitt Romney, as he arrives for an official visit to Israel. (Haaretz)
- Video: IDF officer headbutts Palestinian teen - Officer caught on tape hitting 17-year-old for reasons unclear. B'tselem: Teen's nose broken. IDF in response: film does not show the commander being violently assaulted. (Ynet + VIDEO, Haaretz)
- Egyptian President meets with Hamas PM - Egypt’s Mohamed Morsi and Hamas’ Ismail Haniyeh discuss easing Gaza-Egypt border restrictions. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- US Christian leaders in Israel to study Judaism - Initiative aimed at 'deepening American Christian leaders' understanding of Jewish people,' says Shalom Hartman Institute VP. Reverend: Studies making me a better thinker, teacher, preacher, and pastor. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.