'Turkish officials have already hired a Jewish ritual slaughterer and kosher supervisor for the occasion.'--Preparations for the dedication of an historical synagogue recently restored by the Turkish government. (Israel Hayom)
- 'Golan Heights turning into terror base like Sinai,' says intel chief--Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi warns "The Golan is liable to become an arena of operations against Israel in much the same way the Sinai is today." (Israel Hayom)
- Knesset votes down Lieberman's universal draft bill'--Reality will do what the proposal didn't,' FM says after MKs reject bill calling on all Israelis, including Arabs and haredim, to enlist at age 18. (Ynet)
- Boycott against Israeli companies in Europe: Dundee University is third academic institution in Scotland that decided to boycott 'Mei Eden' bottled water products. Reason: "The water is stolen from the occupied Syrian Golan Heights." (Maariv, p. 18 and NRG Hebrew)
- Rabbinic sex scandal spawns crisis among faithful--The scandal erupted after one of the rabbi's followers peeked through his window late at night and saw him with a naked woman. The spiritual leader admitted to having "fallen." (Israel Hayom)
- Congress approves expanded military aid to Israel--The United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act now awaits President Barack Obama's signature before it can become law. (Haaretz)
- Pentagon building secret missile-defense radar station in Qatar--According to the Wall Street Journal, US Navy also preparing its largest-ever minesweeping exercises in the Persian Gulf. New radar base will house the powerful X-Band radar system, already stationed in in Israel's Negev Desert and in central Turkey. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.