"Born in sin"--Hotline for Migrant Workers reference to the law enacted yesterday to incarcerate all Africans who illegally enter Israel for three years, regardless of whether they are refugees.
- Petition seeks redress for Jews 'illegally evacuated' from (Palestinian) villages (Haaretz)
- Zionist youth movement says being forced out of Israeli town on 'ideological' grounds - Hanoar Haoved Vehalomed (socialist peace-oriented -OH) movement claims it's being forced out of Galilee town on 'ideological' grounds. (Haaretz)
- Arab translation of Talmud includes anti-Israeli messages - Talmud accused of racism in introduction to newly published Arabic translation that focuses on Zionist connection, Israeli racism. (Ynet)
- From Jerusalem's Old City to the Olympics - Until today, Palestinian athletes were accepted to the Olympic games as a gesture from the Olympic Committee. The Judoka Maher Abu Ramila is the first to arrive due to his achievements. (Maariv, p. 13)
- AG: Transfer of West Bank outpost to former IDF base is problematic: The Israeli Attorney General is looking into the legality of transfering the Ulpana neighborhood, which may be problematic since the land was originally expropriated for the establishment of a military base. Netanyahu: "Our policy is to strengthen settlement while upholding the law...One can always opt for a legislative solution, but this has its costs, including ones in the international arena." (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.