BETOMANIA

Beto O’Rourke No Longer Ruling Out 2020 Presidential Run

Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) indicated to supporters on Monday that he is no longer ruling out a run for the presidency against Donald Trump in 2020. During a town hall event in El Paso, O’Rourke, who lost his long-shot bid to unseat Republican Senator Ted Cruz by three points, said he and his wife would “think about what we can do next to contribute to the best of our ability to this community.” Previously, during an appearance on 60 Minutes, O’Rourke said, “Win or lose, I’m not—I’m not running in, in 2020. I gotta tell you, it’s incredibly flattering that anyone would ask me the question or that that’s even up for discussion. But, but since people have asked, the answer’s no.” This past week, former President Barack Obama called O’Rourke an “impressive young man” who reminded him of himself and suggested he would make a formidable opponent for Trump.