"Unless there is a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, there will not be a Jewish state for very long."--Jewish-American author, Leon Wieseltier, in an interview at Tel Aviv University after accepting the $1 million Dan David Prize.
- Britain refused Israel military equipment for fear it would add to 'internal repression' - From January 2008 to December 2012, Britain rejected 52 Israeli requests to buy military equipment, citing concerns it could contribute to Arab-Israeli conflict, damage regional stability. (Haaretz+)
- Arab employers complain of discrimination - Economy Ministry survey points to 5% increase in number of Israeli Arab business owners who feel they are not receiving business opportunities, governmental bids due to unequal treatment. (Ynet)
- New survey challenges Israel's gay-friendly image - Survey reveals Israel might be gay capital of Middle East, but lags behind western countries when it comes to accepting its gay brethren: only 40% of Israelis think LGBT community should be accepted, versus 88% in Spain. (Ynet)
- Embattled UN envoy for Palestinian territories vows to stay on, dismisses anti-Semitism charges - Richard Falk rejects calls for his resignation, accuses his detractors of using the 'anti-Semitic card' to intimidate those who dare criticize Israel's policies toward Palestinians. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- 'All of Israel is occupied Palestine, from the river to the sea' - Ahead of visit by Barcelona soccer club, senior Fatah member Jibril Rajoub says: "There was a stupid Israeli attempt to hold a joint sporting event, which we rejected, because the Israelis are trying to use Barcelona as a fig leaf to hide their crimes." (Israel Hayom)
- Special delivery to Arab sector: 10,000 gas masks - In first of its kind, on Wednesday, Home Front Command will distribute thousands of gas mask kits in villages of Wadi Ara, instead of its residents having to travel to another city to obtain a kit. (Ynet)
- Pakistan denies receiving military equipment from Israel - Haaretz earlier revealed that Israel had supplied Pakistan and four Arab countries with military wares, based on a report carried out by the British government. (Haaretz+)
For the full News From Israel.