"Rabbi, Is it allowed to hate officers and leftists?"--From a book of questions answered by the Hebron chief rabbi for Jewish youth.
- Rabbi, is it allowed to hate leftists? 'Rabbi Dov Lior's new book answers questions by Hebron kids who wonder 'should one forgive officers who evacuate an outpost' and 'can one steal firewood from Arabs.' (Yedioth and Ynet)
- Palestinian PM Salam Fayyad urges Arab countries to send promised cash - Palestinian Authority needs $1 billion to close 2012 spending gap, but Arab donors have linked aid to ending political rift with Hamas. (Haaretz)
- Justice Ministry urges early release for Israeli Arabs convicted of terror - Among those proposed for release is Karim Yunis, who, with his cousin, Maher Yunis, was convicted of involvement in the 1980 murder of a 20-year-old soldier, Avraham Blumberg. (Haaretz)
- Israel's security forces say settlers must leave land, despite claims of lawful purchase - Documents presented to the court show that some of the plots the settlement was built on were in fact purchased by the settlers. (Haaretz)
- Abbas OKs testing of Arafat's remains - Palestinian president will allow Swiss lab – that found traces of polonium in Arafat's personal belongings and determined that he was poisoned – to conduct tests on former leader's remains. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.