"When a (retail) chain announces a product ban, it casts a shadow on Israel. It can create a wave of undetermined proportions."--Israeli Foreign Ministry official tells Ynet that the Dutch retail chain boycott of settlement products is just the beginning.
- Israel re-opens Hebron road after 12 year closure - Israeli forces on Sunday partially re-opened an entrance to the southern part of Hebron. Al-Harayyeq gate will be open from 5-9 AM and again from 4-8PM. The reopening allows for better freedom of movement between villages and the city of Hebron. (Maan)
- Amona settlers tear down road leading to outpost - Settlers from the West Bank outpost of Amona began tearing down the road leading up to the outpost before the eviction date set for Wednesday, so as to avoid clashing with security forces. (Ynet)
- Palestinians renew calls for economic independence - Sources say Israel is being urged to go beyond the terms of the Paris accords, and give the Palestinians control over customs. (Haaretz+)
- Minister Lapid meets Obama's chief Middle East advisor - The two discussed the importance of the resumption of the peace process. (Ynet)
- Controversial bill that would make it harder to topple government proceeds to Knesset - After a stormy committee debate, the bill advances to first reading with its most controversial clauses temporarily removed. (Haaretz+)
- Knesset forms Jewish world lobby - PM Netanyahu, Opposition Chairwoman Yachimovich join forces to launch lobby for strengthening Jewish people, connection between Israel and Diaspora. (Ynet)
- Israel's high court rejects petition to disqualify 'racist' chief rabbi candidate - Meretz MK asked the court to disqualify Safed Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu from running for Sephardic chief rabbi due to past anti-Arab statements, but two days ahead of the election, the petition was judged 'premature.' (Haaretz+)
- Almost 60% of army age Israelis: It bothers us to hear Arabic on TV - Polls by the Israeli Democracy Institute learned this was reaction to the TV sitcom "Arab Labor." (Globes, p. 8)
For the full News from Israel.