"One of the good alternatives to the Israel-Palestinian conflict that need to be examined and that has been brought up lately, is the Arab League Peace Initiative. The initiative signals the path ahead."-- Science and Technology Minister Yaakov Peri of Yesh Atid comes out of the closet and warmly supports the Arab Peace Initiative.
- U.N.: Palestinian children tortured, used as human shields by Israel - New U.N. human rights agency report claims Israeli forces arbitrarily arrest Palestinian children in Gaza and West Bank, subject them to degrading treatment, exploit them to scope out potentially dangerous buildings and use them as shields to deter stone throwers. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Watch footage: 'Settlers torch Palestinian shed' - Security camera in Arab village shows torching of storeroom containing building material for water tower. B'Tselem: Settlers did it. (Ynet+VIDEO)
- Arabs targeted in hate crimes left to cover costs, unrecognized by Israel as terror victims - Government's decision to classify perpetrators of 'price tag' attacks as members of illegal organizations rather than terrorists makes victims ineligible for compensation from the state. (Haaretz+)
- Education Ministry official accused of banning Arabic teachers from speaking Arabic - Senior official sends mass email that appears to prohibit Arab teachers from conducting official correspondence in Arabic. The ministry says her quote was taken out of context. (Haaretz+)
- The Instagram protest of E. Jerusalem (Arab) residents - In the framework of a Jerusalem Municipality photo competition on Instagram, Arabs of E. Jerusalem uploaded photos that display the less presentable side of the capital. On the menu: Photos of Border Policemen searching an (Arab) bus and breaking up a demonstration. Municipality removing photos it considers 'hurtful.' (Yedioth Jerusalem supplement, p. 48)
- IDF wraps up massive, multi-branch drill amid concerns for Iran-Hezbollah-Syria axis' - We are readying ourselves for the ramifications of a battlefield on multiple fronts,' says army officer. (Haaretz+)
- U.S. officials: Rowhani election shows Iran sanctions are working - U.S. officials hail election of moderate Hasan Rowhani to president as first tangible evidence American strategy is influencing Iran's nuclear policy. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.