"We support the path you're taking in order to save the world of Torah and the settlements of the Land of Israel by cooperating with Yair Lapid and his party."--Four pro-settlement rabbis, including extremist Dov Lior of Kiryat Arba, write a letter of support to Habayit Hayehudi leader Naftali Bennett.
- Israeli security forces stand by while settlers harass Palestinian shepherds, witnesses say - Photo circulated over the weekend shows Border Police officer shaking hands with masked settlers who proceeded to harass Palestinians who just moments before had been denied access to their land; Border Police: Officers were trying to stop the settlers. (Haaretz+ + PHOTO)
- Jerusalem Police note rise in 'price tag' acts in 2012 - Jerusalem District Police's data indicate vandalism acts doubled since 2011; but only 20% of cases have been solved. (Ynet)
- The IDF battles a Palestinian shepherd and his two baby goats - According to the army, he planned to steal ammunition, while kindhearted soldiers returned a goat and two kids. (Haaretz+)
- Palestinian mother demands IDF decision on son's death in West Bank protest 4 years ago - Mother of Bil'in protestor, Bassem Abu Rahma, killed after being hit by tear gas canister requests that High Court order Military Advocate General to decide whether or not it will indict any of the soldier involved in her son's death. (Haaretz+)
- Palestinians: Border Police officer threw a Quran in the Al-Aqsa complex -In a petition to the UN, senior Palestinian Authority officials claim that the officer hit people praying close to the Temple Mount. Jerusalem Police: "It apparently fell from the purse of a demonstrator. (Maariv, p. 9/NRG Hebrew)
- Jewish (settler) teen detained over assault of Palestinian woman in Jerusalem - Photos taken by eyewitness purportedly show Hana Amtir being assaulted by several young women at light-rail station in the capital: 'They spat on me, punched me and kicked me.' (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Netanyahu to Bennett and Lapid: We must unite in the face of Iranian threat - Speaking at cabinet meeting, PM says Iran is using talks with six world powers to 'buy time', adds that Israel is not only threatened by nuclear Iran, but other lethal weapons that are 'piling up.' (Haaretz+)
- Report: Hamas refuses missile shipment fearing espionage - Egyptian paper says Islamist terror group recently refused to accept shipment of long-range missiles from Libya after preliminary examination allegedly found spy gear inside. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.