"Netanyahu's present government is continuing the trend of its predecessor and promoting racist laws that exclude minorities and weaker populations."--Meretz leader Zehava Galon, after a law was approved giving special advantages to people who served in the army.
- Israeli man assaults 2 Palestinian women in Jerusalem - Layali al-Sayyad, 23, and Anwar Abu Rmooz, 21, told Ma'an that they were attacked by an Israeli man in his twenties while buying a ticket for the Jerusalem Light Rail near the central bus station in West Jerusalem. (More from Maan)
- WZO Settlement Department gets more money than it is budgeted - In 2012, the department - which owns almost all the land allotted to building settlements in territories - was granted an annual budget of NIS 60.3 million, while its expenses reached NIS 272 million. (Haaretz+)
- Ministers approve bill giving job preference to IDF veterans - Same proposal was dropped in last Knesset after AG warned it was discriminatory and unconstitutional. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israeli forces issue 3 demolition orders in Silwan - Israeli authorities on Monday issued three demolition orders for residential and commercial properties in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan. According to the U.N., 33% of all Palestinian homes in E. Jerusalem lack Israeli-issued building permits, potentially placing at least 93,100 residents at risk of displacement. (Maan)
- Palestine drops bid to register new UNESCO heritage site - Palestine is backing down from plans to ask UNESCO to place Battir, an ancient West Bank village, on its World Heritage in Danger list. (Details from Maan)
- IDF appoints legal adviser for cyber warfare - Officer will have to determine the legality of the targets of cyber attack, what the acceptable limits of cyber warfare will be, and what constitutes harm to civilians. (Haaretz+)
- (Habayit Hayehudi) MK Struck suing Machsom Watch: they incite - "Her son she sends, go beat an Arab" - these are some of the words from a poem written by the women of Machsom Watch about MK Struck. [Her son was jailed for kidnapping and abusing a Palestinian boy - OH] MW: This is freedom of speech. (Maariv/NRG Hebrew)
For the full News from Israel.