"Netanyahu must recognize that in 1988 the PLO accepted UN resolutions 181 and 242 not because it had become convinced of the justice of the Israeli narrative, nor because it had shed the Palestinians’ feeling that an injury was done to them when they were denied the right to a state in a land where they were an absolute majority."--Former IDF commander Shaul Arieli explains why Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will have to leave his demand to recognize Israel as a Jewish state outside the negotiating room.
- Beitar Jerusalem fans suspected of assaulting Arab employees at McDonald's - WATCH: Fans try to break into McDonald's, beat Arab workers with chairs; police arrest three suspects in this latest incident of violence involving Beitar Jerusalem fans. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Palestinian killed after struck by IDF jeep during raid near Hebron - Palestinians say the 19-year-old cadet was deliberately run over; IDF says he jumped on the jeep during clashes. (Haaretz+, Ynet and Maan)
- IDF arrests Hamas senior official (and Palestinian MP) Mohamed Abu-Tir - IDF forces arrested him overnight at his home in Aqab, where he moved after he was banished from his Jerusalem home after his Israeli residency was revoked for being a Hamas MP. (Ynet)
- Most Palestinian sewage in West Bank untreated, contaminating water along Green Line - According to a report by the Israel Parks and Nature Authority, a lack of Israeli-Palestinian cooperation has impeded solutions to this problem. (Haaretz+)
- Fatah fighters targeted in Nablus raid - Israeli forces raided Nablus area villages of Awarta and Beit Furik early Tuesday morning, ransacking several homes of Fatah-affiliated fighters. (Maan)
- Puppets of protest: Pulling the curtain on Israel's ban of a Palestinian festival - Puppeteers, actors and ordinary citizens protest public security minister’s decision to shut down a Palestinian puppet theater festival with a photo meme on Facebook. (Haaretz+VIDEO and Ynet and Maariv/NRG Hebrew+VIDEO)
- Owner: Hamas closes Gaza factory for imitating Israeli products - Hamas authorities in Gaza have closed a gas canister factory, leaving 45 workers unemployed, over allegations they tried to imitate Israeli-made products. (Maan)
- Israel and Palestine form economic committee - Israel and Palestine agreed on Tuesday to form a committee of economic experts to meet on a bi-weekly basis to discuss economic issues between them following a meeting between Palestinian minister of finance Shukri Bishara and his Israeli counterpart Yair Lapid. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.