How Do You Want to Make a Difference?
Discover the cause you’re passionate about on Members Project® from American Express, in partnership with TakePart.
Get involved. Take a first step. Be a part of it.
Volunteering to help change the world for the better is an empowering part of many peoples’ lives. Now, finding the who, what, when, where and how of volunteer opportunities has never been easier. With Members Project from American Express, in partnership with TakePart, you can look for a charity that interests you through VolunteerMatch, an online database of tens of thousands of opportunities. Anyone can search by Keywords and Location, so you’ll find a charity that fits your heart and your schedule.
An easy way to get started is to check out the five charity categories included in Members Project: Arts & Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment & Wildlife and Health & Welfare. Click on the categories that speak to you most, and you’ll find a list of charities that you can vote for to receive funding from American Express. Once a week, anyone can cast a vote for the cause that they think deserves to win its category, with five new winners every three months. Put your favorite charities on top by voting every week—just one small mouse click can make a huge difference for these charities and the communities they serve.
On each charity’s TakePart profile page are ways for you to get even more involved. Make a donation with your American Express® Card—either one-time or recurring. You can choose from over a million charities, and giving has never been easier.
Once a charity captures your hearts, search for local volunteer opportunities with that particular charity. Just go to their TakePart profile page, fill in your zip code under the “Find Additional Opportunities” prompt, and you’re on your way. If a charity doesn’t have a presence in your area, check out the “Issues We’re Tackling” box on their profile page, and use that description as a Keyword in your search on the Members Project home page. That way, you’ll find other charities within your field of interest that need local volunteers.
Once you’ve begun a relationship with a charity, or charities, you love, track your involvement on your own TakePart profile page. Under the My Actions tab, log your volunteer hours and you could earn Membership Rewards® bonus points for every approved hour – up to 10,000 bonus points per year. Cardmembers can redeem points for extras, like gifts and travel. Even, if you’re not a Cardmember, you can still earn Membership Rewards bonus points and redeem them once you’ve applied for a Card and are approved. Another option? Donate those points right back to the charity of your choice!
It’s easy to find a do-good opportunity that you will love with Members Project from American Express, in partnership with TakePart. Those steps again are:
- Check out the Five Cause Categories and find one that appeals to you. http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote
- Look through the list of charities under your preferred category, and browse detailed profiles of each one.
- Vote once a week for the charity that speaks to your heart, giving it a chance to receive $200,000 in funding from American Express.
- Make a donation to the charities you love by earning Membership Rewards bonus points that you can donate!
- Look for local volunteer opportunities with your charities or categories of choice by plugging in your zip code and by searching VolunteerMatch by Keywords and Location.
- Track your involvement with each cause through your TakePart profile and you could get Membership Rewards bonus points for your efforts.
Remember, anyone can become a part of Members Project, and every level of involvement makes a difference. Take your first step today.