the news from israel
IDF to Gaza: Prevent the Tragedy
"Unless you have a vested interest in it, you're not going to stand up to those who are against it."--Dennis Ross tells Haaretz that peace is up to the two sides.
- NGOs urge European states to cut trade with Israeli settlements - European imports from the settlements are at least 15 times greater than its imports of Palestinian products, according to a new report signed by 22 NGOs. (Haaretz+)
- Commander: Elections affecting decision making - Ynet learns Paratroopers Brigade commander told reservists, 'Rockets will fall in Tel Aviv during the next war.' Political situation in Israel influencing military activity in Gaza, he says. (Ynet)
- 20 rockets hit south since Sunday night - Rocket fire follows IAF strike in Gaza; targets hit include terrorist activity centers in northern, southern Strip. Rockets explode in open areas; no injuries or damage reported. (Ynet)
- IDF dispersed flyers in Gaza: "Prevent the tragedy" - Following the last round of escalation, the IDF decided to transfer a message to the residents of the Gaza Strip and called on them to pass on any information they have about rocket launchers and their location. (NRG Hebrew)
- Ramallah: Shin Bet exposes Hamas command center - Shin Bet arrests 30 operatives who attempted to restore Hamas activity in Ramallah region. (Ynet)
- Hamas clip shows rockets fired from populated area - Hamas releases video of rockets launched out of populated area, risking damage to global image. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.