5. ‘Iron Man’ Delivers Bionic Arm to BoyRobert Downey, Jr. takes his work seriously. Aside from starring as Iron Man in the interconnecting Marvel movie franchise, he also occasionally brings his superhero alter ego into the real world. In conjunction with Limbitless Solutions, a nonprofit that makes prosthetic limbs, Downey delivered a 3D-printed bionic arm to a young boy named Alex.
Even though Downey was in full Tony Stark gear for the presentation, young Alex knew the difference between reality and fantasy, and called him “Robert.”
4. This Week in ‘Uptown Funk’: Flight AttendantThe Daily Beast’s Week in Viral Videos is committed to seeing the “Uptown Funk” viral video craze through to its very end. This week, a flight attendant was caught dancing to the Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson earworm as passengers boarded.
3. The Notorious D.I.N.O.Last weekend saw the 17th anniversary of the death of rapper Christopher “The Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace. Few of the annual tributes to Biggie were more heartfelt than a video of his posthumous classic “Hypnotize” set to footage from ’90s TV oddity Dinosaurs.
For the few who don’t remember, Dinosaurs was a sitcom about a working-class family of dinosaurs, sort of a Flintstones in reverse, that ran for four seasons at probably the only time in history when that was possible.
2. ‘Princess of Thrones’It’s fair to argue that the Internet was invented so this mashup of The Princess Bride and Game of Thrones could exist.
1. Roger Federer Loses to a KidTennis star Roger Federer, ranked No. 2 in the world, might get bumped down a notch. During an exhibition match against Gregor Dimitrov in New York on Wednesday, Federer found himself face-to-face with a 12-year-old kid. The little punk lobbed the ball right over him. It was a strange day at Madison Square Garden.