"Due to the large number of discriminatory laws, what is needed now is a law to protect the Arab population from the tyranny of the majority, because democracy in the broad sense means protecting the rights of the minority from various types of racists."--Haaretz commentator Oudeh Basharat writes about the how the so-called “Basic Law: Jewish Nation State" boils down to being anti-Arab.
- Israeli forces expand illegal outpost in Nablus - Israeli bulldozers on Sunday leveled private Palestinian land in Einabus village near Nablus in order to enlarge an illegal settlement outpost, known as Hill 782. (Maan)
- Dutch government urges local firm to cancel East Jerusalem project - Royal Haskoning DHV is considering pulling out of the sewage treatment project after warnings from Dutch Foreign Ministry that it would be violating international law. (Haaretz+)
- Jewish extremists enter Al-Aqsa compound - Around 65 Jewish extremists entered the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem on Sunday, escorted by Israeli police, and heard talks about the possibility of building a Jewish temple on the compound. Yehuda Glick, an extremist settler and activist for Israeli sovereignty of the compound, was among the group. (Maan)
- Head of Islamic bloc to visit Palestine - The secretary general of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, will visit Palestineon Wednesday. (Maan)
- Postal Company: Demand for ABC gas mask kits rises - Concerned citizens monitoring events in Syria arrive at post offices to pick up ABC kits for selves, families. (Ynet)
- Report: Israeli, US and Jordanian commandos operating in Syria - French newspaper Le Figaro claims a joint task force led by CIA crossed into Syria in mid-August to train rebel forces. The report has not been corroborated by any official American, Israeli or Jordanian source. (Israel Hayom)
- Egyptian forces demolish underground tunnels in Sinai - Military destroys smuggling tunnels linking Sinai Peninsula with Gaza Strip. Operation follows recent attack on Egyptian policemen in the area. Egyptian security forces flooded 800 tunnels in the area in July. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)