"If we don't participate, the country will turn into an irrelevant province."--Prof. Shai Arkin, Vice President of the Hebrew University, believes Israel must recognize the '67 borders, in order to participate in the EU's prestigious—and money-earning—'Horizon 2020' scientific project.
- B'Tselem video shows settlers, Palestinians clashing - Human rights organization releases video showing settlers, Palestinians throwing stones at each other in incident which ended in arrest of six settlers. (Ynet)
- Upper Nazareth mayor uses fake leftist campaign to show his stand against Arabs - MKs Gilon, Zoabi and Tibi were 'enlisted' by mayor Shimon Gapso to highlight his objections to Arab residency and his wish to preserve Upper Nazareth's Jewish character. (Haaretz+)
- Report: Civil Administration allows illegal water drilling in W. Bank - State informs Supreme Court it has no intention of foiling Palestinians' illegal drilling for water in West Bank. In case enforcement of illegal drilling occurs, 30-day notice be given, Civil Administration states. (Ynet)
- Netanyahu to launch new forum promoting IDF service by Christians - Forum will encourage enlistment of young Christian Israelis in the army or in national service; previous attempt created a rift in the local community. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli high-tech exports at lowest rate since 2011 - New data, which excludes pharmaceutical companies and other big manufacturers, shows a struggling high-tech industry. (Israel Hayom)
- 'Arab Idol' winner to move from Gaza to West Bank - Month and a half after winning popular singing contest, Mohammed Assaf will be able to realize dream of conquering Arab world after Israel gives him permit allowing him to embark Middle East concert tour. (Yedioth, p. 35/Ynet)
- Palestinian TV awards contestants for denying Israel's existence - Official Palestinian Authority TV quiz show asks contestants to guess names of so-called "Palestinian" cities, such as Jaffa, Safed and Ashdod. One question asks Palestinians to identify a lake the "Israeli occupation" drained -- the answer: Hula Lake. (Israel Hayom)
- Poll: 78% of Israelis do not trust Lapid as finance minister - Knesset Channel poll: 82% of Israelis think Lapid is unworthy of becoming prime minister. Poll finds that if elections were held today, Likud-Beytenu would win 30 seats, followed by Habayit Hayehudi and Labor with 17 seats each. (Israel Hayom)
- Israeli visits to Turkey up 86% in June - Netanyahu's apology to Erdogan benefits Turkish tourism industry, with 57,000 Israeli tourists arriving in first half of 2013 alone compared to 31,652 in same period last year. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.