"Yariv Oppenheimer, Secretary-General of Peace Now, will not bring us peace. But he is he only one who is succeeding in blocking the settlers and preventing the expansion of the outposts."--Maariv commentator Yael Paz-Melamed profiles Oppenheimer in today's paper.
- Ex-PMO chief: Gov't must focus on getting Haredim jobs, not army stints (Haaretz)
- New Syria massacre reported as world prepares more sanctions (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Iran says hopes to conclude nuclear deal with IAEA soon - Western diplomats doubt that Iran will implement any accord that it signs with the UN nuclear watchdog. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Egypt shuts down production of film that 'promotes' Israel ties (Haaretz)
- Jerusalem court sanctions deportation of South Sudan nationals from Israel - Some 1,000 South Sudanese are believed to be in Israel, part of a larger influx of African migrants who have poured into the country in recent years; Yishai says court ruling is first of many such steps. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.