Janay Rice said her husband Ray had never assaulted her prior to knocking her unconscious in an Atlantic City casino elevator in February. Mrs. Rice spoke on the Today show Monday, her second public appearance since videos surfaced of the attack by the then-Baltimore Ravens running back. Last week, Ray Rice was reinstated by the NFL, but he hasn’t been picked up by any team. Matt Lauer asked Janay if Ray ever attacked her in the past. “There’s no way,” she said. “He knows what he would have to deal with, you know, if this was something. You know, I’m not going to sit there in silence and let something happen to me—and God forbid, in front of my child, just like, let it happen? There’s no way.” She also said she refuses to watch the second elevator video. “I’m not going to let the public bring me back there,” she said.