"When I grew up I discovered that Lieberman is a chronic disease, which almost all Jews have contracted with varying degrees of severity."--Yedioth commentator and TV news program presenter Yaron London in a powerful Op-Ed in Yedioth.
- Attorney General: Not enough evidence to disqualify Arab MK Zoabi - Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein says there isn't enough proof to warrant banning Arab MK from elections. (Ynet)
- State to evacuate disputed Hebron compound - After facing High Court criticism following a petition filed two years ago by Peace Now, state prosecution finally decides that Jews residing in commercial compound in Hebron should be evicted. Now considering converting it into a public facility that is to be used by the entire Jewish community in the city. (Ynet)
- Landau awards Mari-B gas field rights without a tender - Landau's announcement, just six weeks before the coming Knesset election, is in practice the transfer of a public asset worth billions of shekels to private hands - without any compensation - and in an unprecedented process carried out extremely quickly. (Haaretz+)
- Abbas thanks Pope for supporting Palestinian UN bid - PA president meets with Pope Benedict XVI; the Vatican says it hopes UN Palestinian vote will bring peace. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- US: Hagel nomination irks pro-Israel conservatives - Political figures criticize likely nomination of former Nebraska senator as defense secretary, citing his refusal to recognize Hezbollah as terror organization, criticism of Israel. (Ynet)
- Egypt urges Israel not to destroy West Bank memorial - Cairo, Jerusalem negotiate about order to take down unlicensed monument for Egyptian soldiers in Beit Lakia. (Ynet)
- Iran FM: Tehran, world powers must end impasse over nuclear program - Iranian FM Ali Akbar Salehi says the two sides 'have reached a conclusion that they must exit current stalemate'; UN, Iran talks expected to lead to renewal of probe into nuclear program. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.