NOT AN URBAN MYTH

Man Electrocuted Peeing on Subway

The moral of this story: don’t relieve yourself on the tracks of the New York subway system. Thirty-year-old Matthew Zeno, who was out drinking with a friend, was electrocuted around 3 a.m. Monday morning when he stopped to pee on the third rail of the G train at a station in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. A friend of Zeno’s tried to save him but also got shocked. Both men were rushed to Woodhull Hospital, where Zeno died. The friend survived and was listed in stable condition.