TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
Read it at The New York Times
More than 150,000 people have been buried following the earthquake that hit Haiti earlier this month, according to an assessment released by the Haitian government Saturday. That number, according to The New York Times, grew from 110,000 to 120,000 to, finally, 150,000 Saturday with no explanation for the change. Officials have been absent from mass graves, making observers worry about the validity of the current number. "It may have looked like no one was counting," said one government aide, "but someone was supposed to." Said one Haiti expert at Duke University, "They must be guessing to some extent."