"This is the same municipality that is used as a tool to oppress the Palestinian residents in the east of the city and provides them mainly with house demolition services."--Gush Shalom calls on singer not to perform tonight at Jerusalem Municipality in honor of 'Jerusalem Day.
- Israeli stabs Palestinian taxi driver in Jerusalem - A Palestinian taxi driver was stabbed by an Israeli passenger in Jerusalem on Monday, Israeli police said. The attacker fled the scene. (Maan)
- Report: Prisoner X scuttled operation to return bodies of Israeli MIAs in Lebanon - Australian Broadcasting Corporation claims Ben Zygier, eager to impress his Mossad superiors, revealed name of a Lebanese double agent, blowing a major operation to return bodies of soldiers captured after battle of Sultan Yacoub. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel to negotiate renewal of cooperation with UN Human Rights Council- At Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's instruction, an envoy will visit Geneva in the coming weeks to reach understanding that will allow Israel to take part in the council's annual hearing. (Haaretz+)
- Netanyahu, in Shanghai, looks to boost business cooperation with China - Speaking to a crowd of Israeli and Chinese businesspeople, the prime minister emphasized government support of private enterprise between the two nations. (Haaretz+)
- Israel looking to renew charter flights to Turkey, amid ongoing reconciliation talks - Shin Bet, Turkish officials move closer to agreement on security arrangements. (Haaretz+)
- Stephen Hawking boycotts Israeli academic conference, Guardian reports- After initially agreeing to join conference hosted by President Shimon Peres, Palestinian colleagues convinced Hawking to pull out in protest of Israel's policies, according to the report in The Guardian. (Haaretz)
- Deputy Education Minister invited Morgan Freeman to Israel - Following the call by Arab students that the film star boycott the Hebrew University for racism, MK Avi Wartzman wrote the actor telling him the claims were baseless and inviting him to find out for himself. (NRG Hebrew)
For the full News from Israel.