Flares lit by a band playing at a Brazilian nightclub could have been the cause of the deadly fire that killed 234 people and injured at least 122 on Sunday, the chief police inspector said on Tuesday. What’s more, it may not be a simple tragic accident: Police Inspector Marcelo Arigony said that the flares were for outdoor use only and “the band knew that.” Arigony, whose cousin died in the fire, alleged that the outdoor flares were chosen because they cost $1.25 apiece—and the band did not want to pony up the $35 apiece for the flares approved for indoor use. “These guys even wore gloves on stage so they wouldn’t burn their hands,” Arigony said.
TOP 10 RIGHT NOW
SHOP WITH SCOUTED